My personal journey to becoming 1/3 of my top weight and at least twice as good in other areas of my life!
July 5, 2013
Be transparent!
I have long since believed in being honest. I'm selfish that way! ... It is so much less stressful when you know that you don't have to remember who you told what story and to keep things in line with that particular story. On top of that ... for me at least, I know that as I am honest, I am much more able to believe in others being honest. That is the world I like to live in best. In my distant past, when I was not as good about being transparent in my dealings and my life, I was certain that no one else was being honest and transparent either. For me the world is a better, kinder, more beautiful place to live when I can believe that others are more likely to tell the truth than a lie....
On the other hand, don't think I'm an easy pushover for a lie. My father was an alcoholic. He was a good man, but he had a weakness and addiction is a breeding ground for lies and deceit .. especially to oneself. So I also have an internal alarm system that sounds loud and long when people (and even myself) are not being honest. I am deeply grateful for that, especially in terms of the lies that can so easily come in my own mind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment