July 1, 2013

Danger ....



Sometimes I skirt a little too close to "dangerous" situations ... No, I would never put myself on the other side of the railing .... though when I was growing up .. on many trips to Bryce Canyon, we would almost always see a tourist having their picture taken with such a sign standing on the dangerous side of it ... I remember thinking what complete foolishness it was!

On the other hand, I sometimes stand on the wrong side of an implied warning thinking I will be okay, I'm just here for a minute, or others are just being TOO cautious.  All the while, the rule follower part of me (and that is a large part of me) is SCREAMING ... idiot ... get as far away from that ledge as possible!   

Ah the joys of the human condition.  Just think about the applications in your own life.  Is there something that you are doing that is dangerous to your well-being?

Special thanks to my friend Jacque Price (this is her picture).  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment