February 11, 2013

February 11, 2013

More documentation of past events:

Early in November 2011, I came to a realization that I was needed by several people on a long-term basis and I could make all the plan I liked to be of financial benefit in their lives, but if I didn't get health issues under control, then I could not count on being around in order to be of help.  Thus began ANOTHER attempt at getting my eating and health issues under control!

One of the first things I did was to get a system of accountability set up.  I'm NO good at being in groups and having that work for me, so I knew that something like Weight Watchers or such would only be a short term solution and in the long run would bring up issues of rebellion and self-sabotaging.  At the time a sister in our ward was in need of additional funds ... She has a strong background in ballet and yoga and I thought maybe it would be beneficial to both of us if I could pay her a stipend each month and she could be there to receive a nightly checkin phone call. 

 
Theresa von Hutten (in the red dress) became my helper at this time.  Friendship has followed as well.  But Theresa came with many strong points, she has some medical background and so she immediately got me started on the process of getting the wounds healed.  She (in a nice way) bullied me into seeing my doctor, getting started on the wound healing and also moving me forward with a plastic surgeon in order to ultimately have the surgery on my lower abdomen area (mentioned in the previous post).  It took time and energy.  It also took a great health insurance program that allowed for me to have all of this done. 
 
I am VERY grateful for the help.
 
During the process in early March of 2012, I recognized that dieting (as I had tried in soooooo many forms) was not working for me.  I ran across an eating plan which is a low carb plan - it is VERY specific as to what is and is not allowed and how many carbs in a 5 hour period of time.  I still have my moments of rebellion, but this eating plan helped me so much that by the time I had my surgery, I was down 60 pounds AND even better, I was totally off of my diabetic meds and my high blood pressure meds.  Since the surgery I'm back on them, but at lower doses.  The shock to the system of the surgery takes some time to recover from. 
 
With the surgery, thy removed 42 (or more) pounds from the area between my belly button and my crotch.  It is wonderful to be able to move about more freely.  But my system is still recovering (as mentioned above) and I am still only down about 70 pounds currently. 
 
More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment