February 27, 2013

Moby Dick



No, this is not a reference to my weight goals!  :)  Instead it is recognition of my attempts toward self-improvement in general.  I saw this quote a few months ago and fell in love with it.  Maybe because it is NOT my usual approach to the world!  I had no idea at the time that it was from Moby Dick.  I saw it as a t-shirt logo in a catalog and liked to in application to thoughts of my writing possibilities. 

Within a few days I was feeling a bit adventurous and posted it on Facebook as a favorite quote.  One of my friends indicated that he had been reading Moby Dick.  And so it was that I increased my education by a bit!  A day or two later, another friend posted that she had just finished reading (or actually listening to) Moby Dick and gave the following link.

http://www.mobydickbigread.com/

Thought I to myself.... I'll just listen to a chapter or so a day during a break in work.  Today I finished Chapter 19.  I thought I was doing REALLY great in this, until I decided to find out how many chapters there are .... 135 -- at this rate it is going to take me awhile to finish the book!  But, since I have gone my entire life knowing almost nothing from the book other than the famous "They call me Ishmael" and that it was something about a crazed whaler and a whale ... well, I guess any progress is progress indeed!

Oh great, now I find myself talking in Mody Dick-esque verbage!  :)

Well, all I have left to say is ... Hope you are having a whale of a great day!

1 comment:

  1. You are an inspiration to me Janette! We all have issues and most of us have eating issues. I certainly do. I want to follow you on this blog so you can inspire me to try MUCH harder to do better with my own eating and fitness program.
    THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete