February 13, 2013

February 13, 2013


Early in March of 2012 I happened upon a book that has made an enormous difference in my life. 

It is a low-carb eating plan, but it is very specific about how many and when you can eat carbs.  It has changed everything for me.  After following it for many months, I was able to approach my surgery completely off of the meds for both high blood pressure and high blood sugar. 

This eating plan is an answer to YEARS of prayers on my behalf.  I have tried so many different diets and eating plans, exercise plans, and fad diets always searching for a plan that would work for me and that I could stick with long enough for it to make a difference. 

Before this plan, the longest I had ever managed to stick to an eating plan was for about 10 weeks ... and even then the last couple weeks were not as strongly sticking to a plan as I would wish.

I was often very frustrated at the results, not so much in weight loss, but just in the cravings becoming so overwhelming that I would eventually cave into them.  Frustrated by it in great measure because in almost every other area of my life I have huge amounts of will power and self-control, yet in this area, I have been perpetually weak.

So to finally find a plan that I could stay on and that the cravings instead of building with each passing day, actually diminished until they were not an issue at all, was a REVELATION!    I am deeply grateful to have found MY answer. 

One thing I have learned in the process of my all of the different attempts is that each of us is different and what works for one person (or maybe even millions of people), doesn't necessary work for another.

1 comment:

  1. This is so true!!!!!!!! I am SO excited to follow your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete