February 28, 2013

Realization #1



Something hit me yesterday.  For years I've been telling myself that I don't like to (or don't want to) _______ (fill in the blank).  I've told myself that about travel and adventures, about physical activities and going to places or homes I've not been to before.  Why ... not because I don't like or want to .... but because I was concerned about any number of other things.  Would I fit (physically), would there be stairs to climb and no hand railing, would I have to exert so much energy that others would be unable to hear themselves talking for just how loud and hard I'd be breathing.  You name it, I worried about it.  So it was just easier to tell MYSELF (and sometimes others) that I didn't like doing that, or I'm not really interested in that particular activity.  Well, no more.  Not that I'm ready to start going and doing all of those adventures just yet ... maybe some of them, but not all.  But I am at least going to be honest enough to say that I'm not sure if I want to do that or not.  I'm not sure if I would enjoy that or not.  I'll have to put that on my list of things to try and discover whether I enjoy it.  I'm going to stop being such a SCAREDY CAT! 

No comments:

Post a Comment