My personal journey to becoming 1/3 of my top weight and at least twice as good in other areas of my life!
June 24, 2013
Understanding!
I was talking to my friend Hans yesterday and he was telling me that I needed to make sure I watched a church broadcast that happened. He told me he was certain that there would be something in there that was directly for me to know. I like Hans, I think he's a great father and husband (from my limited knowledge) and I absolutely believe he is sincere and honest. Hans is a great positive influence in the lives of others ... but that may be for another post ... maybe one of my Men are Amazing posts in the future. The point is that when Hans told me that I believed him. I trusted that he was giving me great advice ... and he WAS!
Most of my life I've lived by inspiration, guidance, personal revelation ... whatever you want to call it ... even direction from the Universe if that is your personal belief system ... but I believe in it. I am 55 years old and it has been a constant and amazing part of my life .... ALL of my life.
So I watched the broadcast (which was a live feed) and I received some very good personal understanding. I KNEW that I was being given information to move me farther along my path in the right direction.
What was that understanding .. well in part it is that I need to show more care for others. In the moments of my PRIDE, I pat myself on the back often about being caring and giving, etc. From the outside I think it probably looks pretty good, but there is always so much more that can be done. ... conversely, I received a bit of wisdom that I'm not always so good about. Caring does not ALWAYS mean giving ... at least in a material sense. Sometimes we CAN and DO give too much ... or at least I do ... in that process sometimes I am almost stealing the other persons right to receive the satisfaction of doing it themselves. In abusive situations it is called "enabling." And that is not a good thing from either side.
I want to care and give in a way that helps others thrive in their own lives, not take from them the capacity to accomplish for themselves. I'm going to work harder at that, showing the love, but allowing others to decide their own direction and how to deal with their own issues. After all, it's not like I've gotten my own stuff all in perfect order.
Maybe sometimes being too much in others people's issues is just a way of avoiding my own. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment