March 17, 2013

Men are Amazing #1



This is just a quick Sunday note .... I arrived a bit early at church this morning (which starts at 9:00 a.m.).  I was the first one there - at least in the chapel.  A few minutes passed and several of the men came in .... having finished a meeting elsewhere in the buiding - I don't even want to think about how early they had to get up to be there for that meeting!

Anyway, the point of this blog entry is this.  I sat there and watched several men come in, not all in a bunch, just filtering in over about a 5 minute period of time.  EVERY one of them immediately went to the Cultural Hall (Chapel overflow) area and began setting up chairs for  those who would be arriving to attend church (we usually have at least 100 or so more than what will fit in the chapel seating).  No one asked them, no one mentioned it at all, they just went and took care of it.

I was struck with a deep gratitude for these men, who served without thinking about it, without being asked, probably without any recognition whatsoever from week to week.  That led me to think of some other really amazing men that have touched my life.  So, if no one minds ..... and actually I'll do it anyway .... but I'm going to occassionally take a few minutes to express gratitude for one or more men in my life. 

This time it is a broad thank you.  GUYS you really impress me.  You go about doing good things for others in so many ways.  I see it.  I hardly ever comment on it to you, but I do see it.  I see the gentle touches you offer your children, the caring concern for your wives, the example you set for your teenage sons. 

You are amazing!  Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Janette,

    First off, thank you so much for being so brave and sharing with us, your journey! You Go Girl!

    Second, I LOVE MEN! Men are the most wonderful creatures in the history of the world! I have the deepest respect for men. I am so glad that I came to this realization.

    Most of my dearest friends, are men.

    I have the most wonderful father. He is a gentle giant, and so loving, and giving, and so quite, as he goes about his day to day business, and life.

    I have got to say that women really ought to pay attention to men. Men can sure teach us plenty, when we pay attention.

    Hugs!

    Carolyn Alvey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carolyn ... love hearing your comments. I agree that men are part of what makes life worth living!

    ReplyDelete