March 12, 2013

What Music gets you ......


I love music.  I use it in all kinds of ways.  In church I usually use it for a good cry.  :)

My sister (Theresa) always told me that when she needs to get up and moving - cleaning house and such she uses Wagner's Ride of the Valkeries or others (listen to the link if you don't know the music)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGBDWER-wUI

I was reminded the other day that listening to music can open up the creative process - they have found that if you exercise to music, you have greater access to your  personal vocabulary in a creative sense for about 30 minutes after you finish the exercise.

So, I guess what I'm asking is what music do you use to get you moving, ... to get you thinking ... to get you creating .... to get you crying (if that's what works for you), ....or maybe to self-soothe (something I also do a lot of)?  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment