My personal journey to becoming 1/3 of my top weight and at least twice as good in other areas of my life!
March 24, 2013
Testimony
For my friends (or family) who "just don't want to hear it...." feel free to exit the blog now!
If you've known me for awhile, you know that I don't tend to talk a lot in public forums or the Internet about my religious (or political) beliefs. I respect that you might not feel the same and generally steer clear of the controversy that can sometimes happen. I tell myself often that people who actually know me have a sense of who I am and how I am without having to make a big deal about it at any given moment in time.
But here it is ... Sunday appropriate ... especially so as we enter the week before Easter I think.
My life is good and joyful and filled with love, even on the hard days ... for one reason ... all other reasons add to those good feelings, but without the one, I could not have the level of joy and peace that I do.
I know the Savior lives and that he loves me. It is a simple statement, it is given with childlike simplicity, though the knowledge came in dark and difficult times while in my mid 20's. I had seen and lived in hard situations. I had learned of Christ, I went to church every week, and I was the most miserable I can imagine myself being. And it wasn't for just a week or two, it had been that way since childhood. And then things changed. To explain the process would take too long, but change came and so did a bit of deeply and spiritually felt knowledge. I KNEW he lived, I KNEW he loved me.
Not the generic "he loves me." Not the "he loves everyone in a nonspecific kind of way." But He knows me, he loves me. He knows all about me, about the worst things I've ever done or thought. He knows about my weaknesses and addictions. He knows that sometimes the vilest thoughts cross through my head, and he even knows the details of those thoughts, AND He loves me all the same.
My favorite scripture to this day reflects what I am trying to say here ... and so I will end with it.
"I glory in plainness, I glory in truth. I glory in my Jesus, for he hath redeemed my soul from Hell."
I am grateful for this time when we celebrate the life of Christ and the resurrection and atonement. I am grateful that He HAS redeemed my soul from Hell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love this Janette. What a beautiful testimony and I LOVE the scripture!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful.
ReplyDelete