May 6, 2013

Gulp ...



This weekend I did something I would not have thought I would be doing for a long while yet.  I ordered a series of workout DVDs called P90... (not P90X).  Here's why...

I've completed 2 weeks of Tai Cheng (see previous post) and I enjoy it a lot ... I'm still doing more than half of it while sitting down (when it should be done while standing up).  What I can do standing up is NOT pretty.  I would not do it for someone to see because I'm certain just how UGLY it must be!  BUT, I AM doing what I can. Well, duh... what would be all that different with a more challenging workout series!  The only possible difference I can think of is that it will help me to push just that little bit harder each day. 

I have a VERY LONG way to go on this journey, I am going to do both programs 6 days each week, starting as soon as that second set of DVD's arrives .... and BeachBody tells me that they have already shipped it out, so I expect to see it sometime this week.  YEA .... I'm a bit nervous about it, but as I think I mentioned in a different blog post ...  I CAN DO HARD THINGS!

The other thing I want to say is this ..... I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Shakeology drinks!  They are really good tasting, they are incredibly nutritious .... but beyond all of that, now that I've been drinking them for about a month, I've noticed several things ... keeping in mind that despite the various other positive things I am doing, Shakeology is the only one that I can honestly attribute to most of what I will say now, my blood sugar levels are coming down by about 10 points (in the mornings) every week; my cravings are pretty much gone, I am feeling more energy ... though I have a long way to go still with that .... and a really big one, I am down to just 2 Tylenol tablets per DAY!  .... 2 of them., and no other pain killers whatsoever! When you know that I have arthritis in my knees, hips and back, you might begin to appreciate what a BIG freakin' deal that is!  Previously I have taken 20 or more per day, so my liver is saying "thank you Shakeology!"  :)))

2 comments:

  1. Okay seriously ... I am doing a happy dance as we speak. HAPPY DANCE. Tony Horton is my Soul Mate workout. He's a total cheese ball which keeps me smiling and laughing :)

    And about the Shakeology ... RIGHT???? Best stuff EVER!!! YAY!!!!!!!

    Can't wait to hear how you like good old Tony. And ... I love that you are trying to continually find new ways to push yourself!! So important!!!

    YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! This is so inspirational! Congrats on all of your successes. You should feel so proud because I KNOW that it's hard, but you are doing it...and the benefits are showing.

    ReplyDelete