Okay, per special request from someone I really care about ... I'm sharing this ... my personal viewpoint and comparison between Atkins and Shakeology. Let it be known that with both my personal preference is Chocolate!
I used Atkins for several months because it was one of the few I could find that was low enough in carbs to fit a very restricted low-carb eating plan. Shakeology has a few more carbs and shows more sugars, but I think that really has to do with all of the fruits and veggies that are included in it.... so here goes!
I liked Atkins well enough, even enjoyed it as far as protein shakes go. I cannot imagine using it as the only item in my breakfast ... I never would have managed that, it was always just a part of my breakfast. Shakeology, I have as my breakfast and am perfectly happy with that and satisfied. To be honest, that could also have to do somewhat with the volume of my Shakeology since I add 2 cups of ice to it, so it usually takes me at least 1 1/2 hours to drink it ... too cold to guzzle down fast!
Looking back I feel like the Atkins did what it was supposed to do, it was low-carb and high protein ... and that's kind of the whole job it does. Shakeology, however, WOW... it just does so much more. The nutrition is sooooo much more complete. Actually more complete than anything else I've ever come across before! Being on Atkins for several months didn't do anything except help in my low-carb eating plan. Shakeology, well that has made a world of difference in just 1 month! I feel more energy (and this is going to sound contradictory, but it is true), even when I am really tired! I have arthritis in my back, legs and hips, and with the Shakeology I am now down to 2 Tylenol per day (from 12 or more just a month ago). In a previous post I mentioned I had taken up to 20 or more Tylenol in a day, which is absolutely true, but a month ago when I began Shakeology, I was down to 12 per day.
I think because of the excellent nutrition, my cravings are gone...that took pretty much a month of using it every day, but it is now true ... for me at least.
Taste wise, and this actually is the least important to me knowing all of the above, well, a few weeks ago I was in a rush and didn't have time to drink my Shakeology, so since I have several Atkins shakes still sitting in my fridge, I had that instead. Wow, it was too sweet .... and you have to know I have a REALLY STRONG sweet tooth.
And my disclaimer is that I can only share my own experience. But it has been such a good one that I'm a total convert and tell everyone about it ....maybe more than they want to hear.
If you want to talk to me about it, just leave a message or stop me and ask. I'd be happy to share any other thoughts I have if you want!
I used Atkins for several months because it was one of the few I could find that was low enough in carbs to fit a very restricted low-carb eating plan. Shakeology has a few more carbs and shows more sugars, but I think that really has to do with all of the fruits and veggies that are included in it.... so here goes!
I liked Atkins well enough, even enjoyed it as far as protein shakes go. I cannot imagine using it as the only item in my breakfast ... I never would have managed that, it was always just a part of my breakfast. Shakeology, I have as my breakfast and am perfectly happy with that and satisfied. To be honest, that could also have to do somewhat with the volume of my Shakeology since I add 2 cups of ice to it, so it usually takes me at least 1 1/2 hours to drink it ... too cold to guzzle down fast!
Looking back I feel like the Atkins did what it was supposed to do, it was low-carb and high protein ... and that's kind of the whole job it does. Shakeology, however, WOW... it just does so much more. The nutrition is sooooo much more complete. Actually more complete than anything else I've ever come across before! Being on Atkins for several months didn't do anything except help in my low-carb eating plan. Shakeology, well that has made a world of difference in just 1 month! I feel more energy (and this is going to sound contradictory, but it is true), even when I am really tired! I have arthritis in my back, legs and hips, and with the Shakeology I am now down to 2 Tylenol per day (from 12 or more just a month ago). In a previous post I mentioned I had taken up to 20 or more Tylenol in a day, which is absolutely true, but a month ago when I began Shakeology, I was down to 12 per day.
I think because of the excellent nutrition, my cravings are gone...that took pretty much a month of using it every day, but it is now true ... for me at least.
Taste wise, and this actually is the least important to me knowing all of the above, well, a few weeks ago I was in a rush and didn't have time to drink my Shakeology, so since I have several Atkins shakes still sitting in my fridge, I had that instead. Wow, it was too sweet .... and you have to know I have a REALLY STRONG sweet tooth.
And my disclaimer is that I can only share my own experience. But it has been such a good one that I'm a total convert and tell everyone about it ....maybe more than they want to hear.
If you want to talk to me about it, just leave a message or stop me and ask. I'd be happy to share any other thoughts I have if you want!

Thank you so much!!!!!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!
ReplyDelete