My personal journey to becoming 1/3 of my top weight and at least twice as good in other areas of my life!
April 10, 2013
Calories in .... Calories out.
Calories in .... Calories out ... that has always been the prevailing philosophy. I believe it, but I also know there are twists and turns to this thought process (as there are to most I suppose).
I had a minor binge last night. I can give you a hundred reasons or excuses ... some true and some not. Over the years I've used them all and probably a few more that I've just forgotten about entirely.
The reasons I think had more to do with just plain being hungry ... being hungry for several days now. Eating lots of veggies, enough fats to feel satisfied, so it is not about that. I've upped my activity level by leaps and bounds in the last couple of weeks and tried to be even more conscientious about my calorie intake and in the process I think I just got a bit tooooo extreme, so last night was my body demanding a change. Live and learn!
So now, I'm trying to determine how to get more calories into me and yet not feel like I'm drowning in veggies! :) I truly do get lots of veggies (at least in comparison to my past eating patterns). Most days I have about 1 cup of raw cauliflower, 1/2-2/3 cup of snap peas, 1/2-2/3 cup of jicama, 1 cucumber, a main dish size salad at dinner and a Shakeology shake that says it has all of the daily dose of fruits and veggies that are recommended. I also frequently (although not daily) add in mushrooms, artichokes, and tomatoes.
If you have any suggestions, I'm open to considering them. But for now, I'm mainly just documenting my thoughts about how to correct the situation going forward! THANKS for listening! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I actually know exactly what you mean!! Sometimes, especially when your body is going through the extreme changes for a time ... a binge is bound to happen. It craves all the old food it was used to. The good news is, the longer you go, the more you resist, the more your body starts to actually crave healthy alternatives. Try adding more lean proteins and healthy fats when you are getting too hungry. Like egg whites ... tons of protein, only 10 calories each. Or nuts, raw and unsalted. I need to research more options myself. Keep me posted on what you find!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Amy! I think I do get enough of healthy fats, but like you I was thinking I need to add more protein. The good news is that I just logged all of my food intake for the day yesterday against all of the activity and I was only over by about 300 calories .... can I just say ... for a binge of mine that is a MASSIVE victory in comparison to past binges!
ReplyDeleteYou're doing great! Just remember all of us out here who are silently rooting for you!
ReplyDeleteYou inspire me in so many ways Janette. Like you said in a previous post - "I can do hard things". I'm trying to adopt that gem by the way.
ReplyDeleteTry to up your protein. Maybe turkey? Least that what I'm trying to do . I know what it's like to binge. I have a heck of a time with the sweet tooth. Wouldn't be so bad if it was only a tooth, but for me, it's the whole mouthfull craving the sweets!!
ReplyDeleteYou're doing great!! And you are an inspiration!
I love you all so much! Thanks for the positive thoughts and possibilities. Kimber good news to hear you guys will be moving so much closer to the rest of the family! :)
ReplyDelete