My personal journey to becoming 1/3 of my top weight and at least twice as good in other areas of my life!
April 30, 2013
Men are Amazing #3 - HARRY
I think I mentioned Harry before, he is married to my sister Demaree. Harry is a low-key sort of guy, but always willing to lend a helping hand to whoever needs one. And he's one of the world's great huggers as well!
When I had my surgery back in September, Harry drove my mom down and the two of them stayed on while I was in the hospital (for a couple of days) and then another 8 or 9 days on top of that. I just have to ask you (outside of my siblings) how many of you have a brother-in-law that would do that?
The night before the surgery, he and my home teacher gave me a priesthood blessing. With the daunting possibilities of that surgery and problems that could arise, I went to sleep that night and slept deeply and soundly, waking refreshed in time to get ready to be at the hospital well before 6:00 a.m. It is such a joy to know that there are those wonderful men who surround my life who live good and honorable lives, Harry is certainly one of them!
While Harry and Mom were here, we all got a chance to visit quite a bit, since I was mainly sitting around. Harry, however doesn't sit around for too long very well ... :) So he fixed several things around my place, got things fixed on my car, and then started to work on other things for friends and neighbors. While retarring my garage roof, he also did the neighbor's roof (the two garages are adjoining).
My good friend Lynn had just moved into a small trailer, almost in tear-down condition, so it needed a lot of work. Harry has a lot of experience with fixing things up, including fixing up properties and such, so he was over helping at her place for quite a bit as well, making sure her roof was reasonably weather-proof, the electrical wasn't dangerous any longer and such. I cannot tell you how much it was appreciated, not just by Lynn, but by me as well.
Just about now, I know Harry is getting pretty uncomfortable with all of the positive talk about him. He is not showy or flashy, doesn't ask for much in return, but he is a great man to know and to have in your corner. Love you lots brother!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love that guy.
ReplyDelete