My personal journey to becoming 1/3 of my top weight and at least twice as good in other areas of my life!
April 2, 2013
Pete, I miss him!
I'm not putting this one in my men are amazing category, though I will tell you more about him someday soon. Right now I'm just saying I miss him. I miss Pete.
Those of you who have patiently sat through classes I've taught may remember some of my Pete stories. Pete has been gone for far too long! I miss him always, think of him so many times. Pete entered my life when I was 16. When he married mom, he assured me he wasn't looking to replace my father. I assured him he never would. At the time that was a positive point for Pete!
I was kind of (or as Pete would say it "kindly") a prickly 16 year old. I stayed kind of (kindly) prickly for another 10 years or so. Didn't want anyone to stand too close to me, let alone hug me. Pete didn't care. He hugged us all. Within about 1 year of marrying my mom, Pete had determined what each of us (6 adults - or close enough) liked, what foods we liked or didn't. What our fashion sense was, what clothes, shoes, etc. we would like.
Pete could have done NONE of that and I think we would have all still loved him, just because he treated mom like she made the world turn - and for him, I think it did!
I miss him! But the truth is that I can still hear his voice inside my head. I can hear the tone of his voice. I hear many of the things he said, but mostly I hear what he said one of the last times I saw him. It is treasured in my heart. He is not forgotten!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment