April 26, 2013

Other Flavors of Shakeology - Review



I tried the tropical Strawberry Shakeology (Vegan) yesterday morning.  So, here's my take on it. It's not too bad ... the flavoring for both tropical and strawberry are mild, might actually be a really good
mix with the chocolate (half and half). It already had something behind it all that gave me an "undertone" of chocolate ... or maybe it's just my screwy tastebuds! :) Anyway it was kind of like when you have neopolitan ice cream and let it get soft enough to mix all together, with about half of the mix being strawberry and half being Vanilla/Chocolate and then like you've added a tablespoon or so of tropical fruit jam/chutney -- whatever the current phrase is for it.

So, would I have it again, yes. Which is a bit surprise to me. But, let's be honest ... it is never going to be my FIRST choice! :)
 
(I KNOW YOU PROBABLY ALREADY READ THE ABOVE, BUT ... following is my review of the Greenberry flavor)....
 
I had the greenberry flavor this morning (non-vegan).  It had a flavor that I couldn't really equate to something else, so I don't know what to tell you as far as a similar flavor profile .... It is a mild sweet creamy flavor and is quite good .... I think it will be used quite  often in my home, maybe not quite as often as the Chocolate ... but come on, you know how it is with chocolate!  :P
 
For those with lactose intolerance issues ... I have learned the following:  the Non-Vegan flavors have milk product in them.  The vegan flavors do not ... however they are packaged in a plant that processes milk, eggs, soy and nut products.  I've spoken with a couple of people who use the Vegan and have lactose issues and they tell me that they have never had any problems with the Vegan Shakeology. 
 
But if that is an issue for you and you would like to try a sample of either Chocolate (Vegan) or Strawberry (Vegan), let me know and I'll get one to you.  Either by mail or in person (depending mainly on if I'm able to see you face to face in my day-to-day life).  :)  Just keeping you all informed!

No comments:

Post a Comment