April 3, 2013

Hi, I'm Janette and I'm an Addict


My title really says it all, but the picture is because I think you deserve a chuckle at least as I tackle this more serious topic for me.

I am an addict.  My addiction is about carbs ... I'm a carboholic! 

I do NOT make that statement lightly or jokingly.  I am physically addicted.  I know the signs and symptoms so very well having grown up with my father being an alcoholic.  In fact, something I firmly believe is that Alcoholics are also Carboholics, their particular carb of choice is alcohol.  For my father it was Vodka.  For me, my carbs of choice are all about starches and sugars.

Like any addict, I have times when I'm really jonesing for a fix!  Saying "NO" is what I try to do, I just don't always succeed at it.

I'm not going to dwell on this, it is a reality I live with.  I am not looking for sympathy.  The truth of the matter is that I don't know that many people who don't struggle with something that they would like not to be a part of their lives. 

What I am saying is that today, this day, I'm moving forward.  This hour, this minute, this heartbeat is mine to choose the good and not the drugged.  The hope and not the desperate.  The gratitude and not the grasping for something more and better.  I choose life and not death!

Those were not necessarily my choices last night, but today they are and that's all I can control at this moment in time.

THANK YOU for all the love and support you show me in so many ways.  Your "thumbs ups," your comments, your taking the time to read and for those of you I actually see and speak with face-to-face, your positive words and expressions.  You mean the world to me.  You mean life and strength to me!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't had a chance to comment for a while. Been pretty busy I'm afraid. Anyway, had to get in on this one. It's like looking in a mirror. Don't think there's a 12-step for sweets, but I surely could use one most days. It's my downfall.
    Saw your stats and have to say the numbers look great!! You've got to be really proud of yourself and your accomplishments. Your health is improving and just the general feeling of accomplishment. Way to go!!
    You'll never really know what an inspiration it all iis!

    ReplyDelete