April 16, 2013

Retraining my silly brain!

Please bear with me for a few minutes while I work some things out in my own brain .. for my own benefit ... or don't, feel free to exit stage left and come back some other time for a blog entry that will work better for you!

I've been struggling the last 7-10 days or so in getting back to better habits, especially the eating ones.  Decided today that I'm going back to the "No Fast Food" concept for at least the next 8 weeks so I can get fully back into what I need to be doing with my eating routine.

But here's what has been going through my head ... I need to figure out how to retrain my thinking so that I'm naturally drawn more to the good and not the destructive.  I need to figure out how to place emotional pain into the bad choices IMMEDIATELY, so I'm not following through and doing those things and how to place emotional pleasure into the good choices IMMEDIATELY, so I'm diving into them and embracing them. 

I'm actually doing really well with my activity ... as far as my body is able at least ... that of course will improve with time and effort, but for now I'm quite pleased with it.

But eating right is not going nearly as well.  But it will starting today!  Will power sees me through a lot, but I am trying to do this smarter, attach the things I long for and truly find joy in to eating right instead of the short-term fix of eating momentary pleasure that ultimately brings pain ... just need to re-route those thoughts to see and feel the pain without seeing and feeling the momentary pleasure.

I'm trying to think of really gross images to overlay the sight of cheeseburger and fries, or ice cream or candy or .... whatever! 

I know I can do this, I've done it in other ways throughout my life.  I've never ingested alcohol, EVER ... the thought of it is so deeply depressing and soul threatening that I am actually pretty fanatical about it ... don't want to be in the same room even ... I can do this with chocolate or sugar as well, I know I can, I'm going to do it, it is THAT important to me!

Feel free to share really grody, gross, horrible images with me .... especially if you can connect them to brownies or candy or such!  Only, you might want to e-mail me or private message me with them ... not trying to freak anyone else out in the process!  :)

THANKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment