My personal journey to becoming 1/3 of my top weight and at least twice as good in other areas of my life!
April 15, 2013
Women are Wondrous! [DEMAREE]
Okay, so I've debated this for awhile now ... who to start with for my Women are Wondrous theme?!?! The obvious choice is different from where I am actually starting ... only because there is this special day in May and I want to wait until a little closer to that date before doing that one, so you'll just have to wait awhile for reading about that most wondrous of women in my life!
The first individual male I highlighted was my brother Kirk, some of you may have read my comment that I chose to start with him because he was the first male HERO of my life. Well, my sister Demaree is the first female HERO of my life (besides the obvious choice that is).
Demaree is and always has been one of the most amazing people I have ever known. She has this ability to set goals and then see the steps to accomplishing them. She doesn't just see that though, she then actively sets up a plan with those steps and puts the plan in motion. I personally believe that she can accomplish just about anything. And in the process has accomplished some really inspirational things throughout her life.
More than that though, she is one of the best examples of great motherhood I can even imagine. She, as you might expect from a college professor in Family and Life studies (or whatever that department is called - sorry Dem!) is incredible at the homemaking arts, but so much more than that. She has been a positive influence in the lives of her children throughout their lives and now gets to add grandchildren to that great expanding circle of influence.
Dem and Harry (her husband of 40+ years) have eight children; four of which she gave birth to, three were initially in their home as foster children (2 brothers and a sister) and one that came into their home as an adult (barely) and was later adopted and sealed to them. One of their children, my nephew Trent, we now only get to wave to now and then through the spirit as he has moved on from this life and I am sure is hugging his way through Heaven!
Demaree has done a fair amount of traveling ... some because she was a military wife and some because of things she accomplished herself. She told me once that she loved traveling and seeing different places in the world and if she got to travel a little bit extra as they were being moved from one tour of duty to another, it was worth it to her to have a little less home and a little more travel.
She picked a really remarkable man to share her life with, one I'll highlight down the road, but he is very much a part of her life journey!
Because of Demaree my favorite color is green ... when I was very young I hated that my eyes were not brown or blue ... everyone else in my family had one or the other. Dem told me soooo many times how special and wonderful it was to have green eyes and blond hair, that she loved that! In time, because I loved her, I came to really love that in myself as well. Maybe that tells you all you need to know about her, she looks for the positive that is true and emphasizes it in ways that makes others feel special.
I love you Demaree! Hope your week is incredible ... just like you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment