April 23, 2013

Tired!



I am at that point in this process (and I know it is positive progress) where I feel tired!  Tired all the time!  I've never really been able to fall asleep unless I'm laying down .... I'm actually dozing while sitting up these days. 

At the same time, I have more energy reserves to draw from ... HOW CAN THAT BE!?!?!

I think the energy is coming from that little bit more muscle that is building AND the great nutrition in the Shakeology drinks, that's my supposition. 

The tired on the other hand is a combination of things: (1) I'm not taking  in nearly as many calories, especially not carbs; (2) I'm expending more energy with my "exercise" routine; and (3) old bad habits die very hard ... I've never been one that likes to go to bed at night .... I like staying up late ... I am terrible about getting myself to go to bed anytime before midnight on a regular night, and I'm the worst about it on Saturday nights .... I want to stay up til 1 or 2 in the morning .... the problem with that is that to get ready for church, I have to get up and moving (at the latest) on Sunday morning by about 6:30.  The rest of the week I usually get up about 7:15 so I can start my day right with movement/steps/"exercise." 

So in short, I'm using up more energy, taking in less calories and getting less sleep by at least 1 hour each day.  Yea I'm tired!  I'll get used to it eventually and as I keep with this, build up a bit more lean muscle, I should actually be more energized and less tired ..... I'M LIVING FOR THAT POINT IN TIME RIGHT NOW!  :)

Until then, I'm going to keep my "steps" up, my calories down and my nose to the grindstone at the office!  .... oh yea, and remind myself often that "this too shall pass!"

3 comments:

  1. I was the exact same way when I started!!!! Then I was at a neutral amount of energy, the last month or so, about 15 months after I started, I have finally found that "extra energy" everyone is always going on about. It will come!!!! Hang in there. And try and sleep when you can :) Yay!!!! Seriously, I would fall asleep any time I would hold still :) And now, I'm GOOD!! Keep going!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrie Slocum4/23/2013

    Some days I go back to bed after the kids leave and sleep several more hours. I too can now fall asleep sitting up. I have lost 90+ pounds with 20-30 more to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No kids for me to send off, just me being sent off to work ..... My actual work schedule is from 10 a.m. - 7 p.m., although most days I don't usually get home til about 8:00 p.m. (and I'm on a 2 mile drive from the office!)
    :) Anyway, congrats on your improving weight, Well Done! Glad to meet ya the other day through Linda, she's a great woman to know! Are you using a specific plan? Always interested to hear what works for other people, although I've found for me, only a low-carb eating plan works, but I know others who have done well on various other plans. Just interested in your journey! :)

    ReplyDelete