My personal journey to becoming 1/3 of my top weight and at least twice as good in other areas of my life!
April 8, 2013
Some days are diamonds .... Some days are stones!
Just a philosophical commentary at the moment, nothing that I'm actually reporting. I find great truths in many songs. John Denver wrote ... Some days are diamonds, some days are stones. Another way of saying it (I think I've heard this from my brother and maybe others as well) sometimes you're the statue and sometimes you're the bird.
I am grateful for the good and the bad (at least ultimately I am). Usually in the midst of bad moments I'm ticked off, or feeling sorry for myself or some other such thing. Eventually it hits me and I've always been of a mindset that I can either laugh or I can cry and usually I'd much rather laugh.
I have learned much in my "stone" kind of days (mind you I did NOT say "stoned")! Because of the hard times I've developed characteristics and traits that I quite like about myself. That should be true though ... because in dealing with difficult times and difficult issues I had a chance to make very CONSCIOUS choices of what outcome I wanted, what lessons I could learn, how my life could benefit from this "stone" of a day.
Much of what I consider best in who I have become is in making those conscious choices. Not to say that I did it all on my own ... that is SOOOO not true. I had great examples that I could look to and study and even just recognize that there was the possibility of a different outcome. I believe in repentance and forgiveness. Not because I'm such a great or wonderful person, but mainly because I am a self-serving sort. Forgiving others simply means they no longer have control in my life, it means I can move on, it means I am free of their choices!
So yes, some days are diamonds (which I take great joy and celebration in) and some days are stones (which I hope I am able to ULTIMATELY take great joy and celebration in as well). This life is a gift, time is a gift. I hope you find joy in your days and all the moments that you receive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment